One very popular contestant in the weight loss supplement contest is hoodia. What many people don’t realize is that hoodia isn’t a brand, it’s an ingredient. There are dozens of manufacturers that make supplements that contain (or so they claim) hoodia. One of the most popular brands is hoodia diet max, this supplement has been shown to help greatly reduce appetite so weight loss can be achieved more quickly and easily.
If you’re not very familiar with hoodia in general, here is a brief overview of what it is and what it can do:
1. Hoodia is a succulent found only in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa. It has been used for centuries by the natives as a way to stave of hunger and thirst when they needed to make treks into the desert.
2. There are over 20 varieties of the hoodia plant but the only one that has been shown to have the appetite suppressing compound (dubbed P57 by scientists) is the hoodia gordonii.
3. The P57 compound is only found in the core of the plant and not in the skin or roots therefore the most effective, and expensive, supplements will use only core hoodia powder as opposed to whole powder.
4. Though there are no known side effects with taking a hoodia supplement you do have to be careful that you eat enough nutritious food and drink plenty of water. Even though you are trying to lose weight you still need to keep your body fueled with enough high nutrition food. With such an effective appetite suppressant you may find that you ‘forget’ to eat, and that’s not good. Make suer you eat enough throughout the day. The same thing applies to drinking enough water since hoodia can also decrease your feelings of thirst making it very east to get dehydrated if you aren’t careful.
5. This supplement isn’t a quick fix, you still have to eat properly and get plenty of exercise. The biggest mistake you can make (and many dieters do make) is to think that they don’t have to make any lifestyle changes and the supplement will do all the work. That’s simply not true, after all it’s called ‘supplement’ for a reason. It’s only intended to supplement your other weight loss efforts.
6. It’s very important that you make sure that the product you are buying is certified that it is 100% pure hoodia. Any product that meets this requirement will have a C.I.T.E.S seal on the label. If the product you are considering doesn’t have that label you should keep looking since it probably isn’t 100% pure.
Hoodia diet max is one of the many brands of hoodia currently on the market. It has a lot of loyal followers that swear by it’s effectiveness in helping them control their appetite thus allowing them to lose weight more quickly and easily. It’s certified and has the C.I.T.E.S. seal on the label so you know it’s pure. Give it a try today and you may find that you are well on your way to your weight loss goals much more quickly than you may have thought possible.